Privacy disclaimer SciMingo
SciMingo is committed to protecting your personal data and respecting your privacy.
In this privacy statement, we want to provide clear and transparent information about what data we collect and how we deal with personal data. We are committed to protecting your privacy and are therefore careful with personal data. SciMingo abides by the applicable laws and regulations in all cases, including the General Data Protection Regulation.
- That we process your personal data in accordance with the purpose for which they were provided, these purposes and types of personal data are described in this privacy statement;
- that the processing of your personal data is limited to only those details that are minimally necessary for the purposes for which they are processed;
- that we ask you for your explicit permission if we need this for the processing of your personal data;
- that we have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures so that the security of your personal data is guaranteed;
- that we do not pass on personal data to other parties, unless this is necessary for the execution of the purposes for which they were provided;
- That we are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, want to point them out to you and respect them.
As SciMingo, we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If after reading our privacy statement, or in a more general sense, you have any questions about it or wish to contact us, please use the contact details below:
Rue Léopold 6
Telephone : 02 648 32 41
Why do we process personal data
Your personal data are processed by SciMingo for the following purposes and legal grounds :
- to be able to participate in SciMingo's competitions or activities;
- to send newsletters and invitations;
We only use the collected data for the purposes for which we have obtained the data.
For the above purposes we may request, process and store the following personal data from you:
- Personal identification data : name, first name, address, telephone number, e-mail
- Personal characteristics: gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality
Provision to third parties
We may provide the data you give us to third parties if this is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes described above. For example, we use a third party for:
- Taking care of the internet environment (web hosting);
- Taking care of the IT infrastructure (e.g. IT network, ...);
- Providing (and distributing) newsletters and invitations.
We never pass on personal data to other parties with whom we have not concluded a processing agreement. With these parties (processors) we obviously make the necessary arrangements to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not pass on (provide other parties with) the data you have provided to third parties, unless this is legally required and permitted.
We may also share personal data with third parties if you give us (written) permission to do so. You have the right to withdraw this permission at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal. We do not provide personal data to parties located outside the EU.
SciMingo does not store personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or as required by law.
If you subscribe to our newsletter, your data will be kept as long as you unsubscribe from our mailinglist. You will be given the opportunity to do so with each newsletter sent.
Security of data
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data from unlawful processing, such as the following measures;
- We use a user name and password policy on all our systems;
- Our employees are informed about the importance of protecting personal data.
Your rights concerning your data
You have the right to inspect, correct or delete personal data that we have received from you. At the top of this privacy statement you will find how to contact us.
You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or part thereof) by us or one of our processors. You also have the right to have the data you have provided us with transferred to yourself or on your behalf directly to another party. We may ask you to identify yourself before we can comply with the aforementioned requests.
Should you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we would ask you to contact us here. You always have the right to file a complaint with the privacy commission, which is the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Amendment of privacy statement
SciMingo may amend its privacy statement. We will announce these changes on our website.